Oakleaf DC was incorporated in 2007 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Oakleaf DC is a 100% volunteer organization. Donations to Oakleaf DC directly benefit the military service members and patients at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Funds are given to specific, carefully chosen programs that support our military medicine community, both the patients and the caregivers. Examples include:
- WRNMMC Graduate Medical Education Office – Deployment Packages Shipping Costs
- WRNMMC Health Care Arts for Wounded Warriors Summit – General Support
- WRNMMC Bethesda Branch of the Red Cross – General Support
- WRNMMC Pastoral Care – General Support
- Adult Behavioral Health Clinic – Coffee Machine
- WRNMMC Oncology Ward – Social Work Kids Pack
- Pulmonary Clinic – Massage Chair
- Pediatric Clinic – Portable DVD Players and DVDs
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence – Children’s Play Items and movies
- WRNMMC Fisher House – BBQ for Families of Critical Patients